1. Dhammarakkhita.-A Yona Thera sent by the Third Council to Aparantaka. There he preached the Aggikkhandhopama Sutta and converted thirty-seven thousand persons. Mhv.xii.4, 34f.
2. Dhammarakkhita.-See Mahā-Dhammarakkhita and Yonaka-Mahā-Dhammarakkhita.
3. Dhammarakkhita.-A thera in Ceylon in the time of Kittisirirājasīha. Cv.c.299.
4. Dhammarakkhita.-A Thera at whose request ācariya Dhammapāla wrote the Commentary on the Netti. Gv.69.
5. Dhammarakkhita.-Mentioned as a high-class name. E.g., Vin.iv.8; Sp.ii.448, 480.
6. Dhammarakkhita.-A monk of Asokārāma in Pātāliputta, under whom Nāgasena studied the Tipitaka. Mil.16, 18.