1. Vasavattī. A name given to Māra. E.g., J.i.63, 232; iii.309; MA.ii.538, etc.
2. Vasavattī. One of the palaces of Padumuttara Buddha before his Renunciation. Bu.xi.20.
3. Vasavattī. A devaputta, king of the devas of the Parinimmita-vassavatti world (D.i.219). Because of his generosity and virtue practised in past births, he surpasses the devas of his world in ten things: divine life, beauty, happiness, pomp and power, divine shapes, sounds, perfumes, tastes and touch (A.iv.243). Māra also rules over a part of this world, but more as a recalcitrant vassal. MA.i.28.
4. Vasavattī. An epithet of Mahā Brahmā: "Sabbam janam vase vattemī." DA.i.111.
5. Vasavattī. King of Pupphavatī, father of Candakumāra. For his story see the Khandahāla Jātaka. J.vi.131ff.