Kosambiya (Kosambaka) Sutta
Preached at the
to the quarrelsome monks of that place.
The sutta deals with amity and the six means of promoting it -
- and thoughts of goodwill,
- sharing all things with one's fellow celibates,
- living the higher life in its entirety,
- following the doctrine that leads to the destruction of Ill,
- and introspection, which leads to the realisation of truth (M.i.320ff; cp.
Upakkilesa Sutta M.ii.152ff).
The Kosambaka Sutta is given (E.g., in DA.i.123) as an example of a discourse
originating from a quarrel.