1. Āsavakkhaya Sutta.-Five things, if practised, lead to the destruction of the āsavas: reflection on what is loathsome, the thought of disgust with regard to food, revulsion from all things, the perception of impermanence in all composite things and the thought of death. A.iii.83.
2. Āsavakkhaya Sutta.-The holy life is lived for the destruction of the āsavas. S.v.28.
3. Āsavakkhaya Sutta.-The five indriyas of saddhā, etc., if cultivated, lead to the destruction of the āsavas. S.v.236.
4. Āsavakkhaya Sutta.-Intent concentration on in-breathing and out-breathing conduces to the destruction of the āsavas. S.v.340.
5. Āsavakkhaya Sutta.-In him who knows ill, etc., the āsavas are destroyed. S.v.434.