1. Ramma. One of the chief lay patrons of Sobhita Buddha. Bu.vii.23; but see Sobhita.
2. Ramma. Son of Paduma Buddha in his last lay life. He joined the Order und later became an arahant. Eighty crores of beings realized the Truth when the Buddha preached to him. Bu.ix.5,18; BuA.147.
3. Ramma. One of the chief lay patrons of Vessabhū Buddha. Bu.xxii.25.
4. Ramma, Rammaka. The name of Benares, at the time recorded in the Yuvañjaya Jātaka. J.iv.119ff.
5. Ramma, Rammavatī. The city of birth of Dīpankara Buddha. It was while Dīpankara was on a visit to this city that Sumedha met him und was declared by him to be a Bodhisatta. At that time the Buddha was living in a monastery called Sudassana mahāvihāra. J.i.11, 13, 29; iv.119; DhA.i.69; Bu.ii.207; BuA. 65 calls it Rammavatī.
6. Ramma. A nine storied palace occupied by Gotama Buddha in his last lay life. BuA.230; Bu. (xxvi.14) calls it Rāma.