'contemplation' - 4 fold: s.
- 18 fold: s. vipassanā.
- 7 fold:
"The seven contemplation's:
- (1) Contemplating (formations) as impermanent, one abandons the perception
- (2) Contemplating (them) as painful, one abandons the perception of
happiness (to be found in them).
- (3) Contemplating (them) as not self, one abandons the perception of self.
- (4) Becoming dispassionate, one abandons delighting.
- (5) Causing fading away, one abandons greed.
- (6) Causing cessation, one abandons originating.
- (7) Relinquishing, one abandons grasping" (Pts.M. I, p. 58). -
See also Vis.M. XXI, 43; XXII, 114.